Whether you are looking at a home for sale, selling your home, or working as a real estate agent, obtaining a home inspection report is important to do before going through with a real estate transaction. This not only provides all the involved parties with important information about the state of the house and its safety, but it also comes with a variety of advantages, which we will discuss below.
Here are five benefits you can enjoy by getting a home inspection report:
- It prevents you from buying a house that isn’t worth it. An inspection contingency allows you to back out of the transaction if a home inspector finds severe damages or issues with the house, so a home inspection report can save you a lot of money and stress.
- It helps you get homeowner’s insurance. Often, insurance companies will require you to get a home inspection report before offering you homeowner’s insurance, so they know what to cover.
- It provides you with a detailed list of issues to fix later. If there aren’t any major issues, a home inspection report gives you a detailed list of the minor problems you need to fix after you buy the property.
- If you are selling, it helps you move through the process faster. Being proactive and getting a home inspection before you try to sell can make the process go smoother and faster with fewer surprises.
- If you are a realtor, it helps you earn trust from your client. A home inspection report helps you in negotiations, and being present for the inspection helps your client to see you as professional and trustworthy.